Thursday, February 7, 2008

Is it Friday yet?

What a week! The car breaks down (and I mean a slow death) in the middle of a snow storm and I am without a cell phone or gloves. Thank goodness there are still good people out there willing to help a girl in a bind. I walked into a complete stranger's house, used her phone and waited till a cab came. And my cab driver even held-off turning the meter on till traffic was moving.
I had the car towed to the dealership and learned that we needed a new battery and alternator. Since the car is almost 6 years old, it was due for some lovin' but what at time we have been having with cars lately. $2500 in repair costs and new tires since the first of December. Oh well - it's only money... right?
Food wise my week has been good. Hungry this week though. Could be the point adjustment from last week (dropped from 25 to 24). Thank goodness for flex points! APs are not so good either - I will get some tonight at kickboxing and I earned some walking on Saturday but that's it so far. I'm off tomorrow afternoon so if the weather cooperates I'll head out for a walk with my little family.

No comments: