Saturday, February 9, 2008

Thank goodness its the weekend...

I am so glad to put this week behind me. I was totally off my mark all week - I mean Friday I ended up at the dealership to get my car and forgot my bank card to pay for damages... I mean repairs. Thank goodness they let me take it and return to pay after work. There were several incidents like that all week.
My husband and I went for our first counselling session Friday afternoon and left our little girl with a friend who has a daughter the same age. I was really worried going - I feel like the term counselling has such a negative conatation to it and told others we were going to the doctor. Don't get me wrong - we're going for a reason. My husband is struggling with his relationship with his parents and I want to support him and help him through it. I also want to help our relationship in the process to help us become better communicators and better parents. I felt great after the session - the counsellor gave us confirmation that we were doing some things right but she also gave us some guidance around things we can do differently. I have to say I thought it was very benficial and find myself looking forward to the next session.
On a more positive note, I went to WW this morning and lost 2.2 pounds! Yay me. For a grand total of 40.6 pounds. I have about 30 to go but I only have a little over 4 pounds to lose before I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight. The other weight I put on after the wedding. I am very focused on getting this weight off before baby number 2. I want to start with a fresh slate and gain a normal amount of weight (not 65 pounds!).

No comments: