Sunday, March 30, 2008

My how fast a year passes...

Yesterday was my daughter's first birthday. Since we have no immediate family in the area, I had a little party with people I met while on leave and some of my long-time friends. These people were a definite source of support through the first year. It was a great time but very busy with so may little ones. There were 20 people here in total. I made Elmo cakes - one for destruction and one for the guests. I also had a few munchies for the guests - homemade blueberry buckle coffee cake, crackers and cheese and apples with fruit dip. Here are some pictures we took...








It was a pretty emotional day. I kept remembering back to that day and at any given hour I would say, "This time last year, I was doing... pushing, getting drugs, in pain.. etc. I also missed having my family there to share in the day. That would have made it that much more special.

As for my weight loss this week... I missed the meeting again this week - last minute birthday party tasks and I could not even get out to weigh in. I am down (according to my home scale) three pounds!!! I had a good week and was pretty careful to stay within my points allowance.

So that means I made my goal of losing all pregnancy weight before the first year was out. Wahoo! On to the next task - my 50 pound token. Now there's some motivation.


No comments: