Saturday, April 12, 2008

Time to catch up!

So post the big birthday, we all got a bit of a flu bug. My appetite was pretty poor for a few days and I was not sure how this would effect my weigh in that week. But April 5 was a great weigh in down 4.2! Then I was concerned about keeping it off but this week I was down again so I'm thinking as long as I stick to the program (and I have yet to have a week where I have gone over) it's gone for good. I am now 0.6 away from 50 pounds gone! Watch me go this week!!! I'll be a point counting machine and an exercising fiend!

I have to get my thoughts out here on something that comes up repeatedly at my meetings. There a couple of ladies who consistently talk about what they are NOT ALLOWED to have anymore since they are doing WW. One lady visits her mom once a week. Her mom is elderly and loves pizza. So the lady either brings her pizza or takes her out and now instead of eating it too, she brings a salad for herself. Her mom gets agitated and asks a lot of questions about why she is not eating the pizza. The lady tells us and her mom it's because she is NOT ALLOWED. I have to bite my tongue in the meetings and I don't like the way the leader handles it either by agreeing with them and not telling them another way to look at things.

One of the reasons I decided to go with weight watchers is that it allows me the flexibility to still eat what I want as long as I am conscious of the amount I eat and keeping my eye on the weekly big picture. Don't get me wrong - I know my results are not going to be the same if I use my daily point in take to eat all crappy foods. However, if I want to have pizza once in a while, I can. If I want to have a small piece of chocolate every day, I can. I count it and plan around it - in my opinion, it's the WW way. I truly don't believe there is anything I am NOT ALLOWED to have.

And it makes me wonder if these ladies will be successful in their WW journey? I mean if success on WW for them is equated to not eating a list of certain foods, when they give in and have them, will they fail? Not get back on the WW wagon or have a hard time getting back on? Take a break for a while?

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I think if you say I am not allowed something it will make you want it more. That is why I tell myself I can have anything, in moderation.