Thursday, March 13, 2008

An observation on other weight loss organizations...

In 2004, I ventured into the quick and dirty means of weightloss. While I won't use the name, it promised a "magical" solution to weight loss. And it clearly worked. I magically lost 30 pounds. (see Summer 2004 picture)

My downfall came with the onset of warm weather and my summer sports activities. The calories were not enough to sustain me (I mean I was famished ALL the time) and when I asked what I should do (within their program perameters) I was told to eat more vegetables. Yes because they give you that boost of energy you need to get you through a 2.5 hour soccer game. (she says sarcastically) So I managed to maintain for the summer. But I ate more than they recommended and as soon as I stopped excercising as much... the magic ended. I was like Cinderella - I had a short period of time where I felt awesome but than reality set in.

If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

Who knew fairy tales AND weightloss had so much in common.

No comments: